Richard Pietro has spent the last 10 years designing new and effective ways to advance the Open Government & Open Data movements. He has:
- Created stimulating workshops.
- Published engaging stories.
- Written influential articles.
- Hosted award winning events.
- Taken award winning photos.
- Launched innovative websites.
- Fostered large community groups.
However, his most notable achievement has been the 2014 Open Government Tour – a three month, 20,000km, cross-Canada motorcycle tour that introduced Open Government & Open Data to approximately 2,000 Canadians via 17 events in 17 cities.
He also worked with the Ontario Ministry of Housing to create the “Open Data in Reverse” method as a way to design, publish, and activate Open Data sets. This initiative helped the ministry win a nationally recognized award for engagement.